<VV> PG Transmission question

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 29 15:12:36 EDT 2008

Hi Rex,
   I had to remove mine with a slide hammer, mounting the slide hammer adaptor to the front pump (the center bolts on that cover). Be very careful as other stuff can fall apart (internally). The least I would check before disassembly would be the "end play" of the small shaft coming out the back of the trans (torque converter area)and make sure end play is the same as before. I also would clean the area around that front cover to make sure no crud gets in. Finally, I would use petroleum jelly/vaseline to help seat the new seal. You'll probably have to tap it back in with a rubber mallet.
I hope this helps.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado