<VV> GM press release OMG!

chris mann cfmann at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 09:17:11 EDT 2009

STATEMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 2009-04-01

GM
Message from Fritz Henderson

Chevrolet
Announces the All-New 2010 Corvair

New
mid size automobile Features Bold Styling, Sophisticated Details and
Best-in-Class Fuel Economy

Under
development for several years, and under heavy security, Chevrolet Engineering
has been testing the new chassis and engine configurations at our proving
facilities at the Holden Lang Lang Proving Grounds in Victoria, Australia.

With
the global demand for more performance and fuel efficient products, the
Chevrolet Development Team, reflected on it history for inspiration and found
the Corvair as the fitting precedent. The first public unveiling of the new
prototype will be presented at the New York International Auto Show, Jacob
Javits Convention Center, New York, N.Y., from April 10 to April 19.

Media
Contact:

Happy
April Foolsday

Chevrolet
Communications

h.a.foolsday at gm.com

 Chevrolet
is one of America’s best-known and best-selling automotive brands. With the
largest dealer network in the United States, Chevrolet delivers
more-than-expected value in every vehicle category, offering cars and trucks
priced from $12,120 to $103,300. Chevy delivers expressive design, spirited
performance and great value with standard features usually found only on more
expensive vehicles. More information on Chevrolet can be found at
www.chevrolet.com.

About GM

General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), one of the world’s
largest automakers, was founded in 1908, and today manufactures cars and trucks
in 34 countries. With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 244,500
people in every major region of the world, and sells and services vehicles in
some 140 countries. In 2008, GM sold 8.35 million cars and trucks globally
under the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, GM Daewoo, Holden,
Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vauxhall and Wuling. GM’s largest national
market is the U.S., followed by China, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Canada,
Russia and Germany. GM’s OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle
safety, security and information services. More information on GM can be found
at www.gm.com.

Forward-Looking Statements

In this press release and in related comments by our
management, our use of the words “expect,” “anticipate,” “ensure,” “promote,”
“target,” “believe,” “improve,” “intend,” “enable,” “continue,” “will,” “may,”
“would,” “could,” “should,” “project,” “projected,” “positioned” or similar
expressions is intended to identify forward-looking statements that represent
our current judgment about possible future events. We believe these judgments
are reasonable, but these statements are not guarantees of any events or
financial results, and our actual results may differ materially due to a
variety of important factors. Among other items, such factors might include:
our ability to comply with the requirements of our credit agreement with the
U.S. Treasury; the availability of funding for future loans under that credit
agreement; our ability to execute the restructuring plans that we have
disclosed, our ability to maintain adequate liquidity and financing sources and
an appropriate level of debt; and changes in general economic conditions,
market acceptance of our products; shortages of and price volatility for fuel;
significant changes in the competitive environment and the effect of
competition on our markets, including on our pricing policies, financing
sources and an appropriate level of debt; and changes in general economic
conditions.

#
# #

GM
strives to ensure that all of the information contained in a press release is
accurate at the time it is issued. However, changes in materials, equipment and
specifications, prices, availability, etc do occur over time. For the most
up-to-date information on currently available models, please visit GM.com/shop