<VV> Top 10 biggest duds - Classic & Sports Car March 2009

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 12:51:14 EDT 2009

A bad car is a bad car, but one tends to find that Brits just haven't heard
of a lot of the bad cars, and some weren't even sold here.

Similarly, a good car is a good car, but when there are those idiotic 'Top
100 cars' polls every now and then, Nos. 1 and 2 are invariably the Austin
Mini and the Jaguar XKE. But only because they are familiar to Brits.

I can't really imagine the Austin Mini making the Top 100 in a US survey,
although the XKE might be in with a shout.

But only to people who have never seen a Lamborghini Miura...

Corvair content: I am personally convinced that the six most beautiful cars
ever made are as follows:

Chevy Corvair (late model convertible - I don't think you need a pic of one
of those...)
Lamborghini Miura
(http://www.itusozluk.com/gorseller.php/lamborghini+miura/760)
Maserati 3500 GT
(http://www.jcbcollection.co.uk/f-219-Maserati3500GTTouring1959.html - not
in red though)
Fiat 130 Coupé (http://www.channel4.com/4car/gl/gallery/gallery/464/1 - I
started the owners' club but I don't have one any more)
Fiat Dino Coupé
(http://bringatrailer.com/2007/12/30/bargain-bertone-coupe-1967-fiat-dino-v6/
 - I have brought two of these over from Italy for a friend of mine, but I
don't own one - yet!)
Lancia Aurelia B20
(http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lancia_Aurelia_B20_GT_i.jpg - Jay
Leno has one)

In no particular order, although maybe the Miura is ahead when viewed from
behind, as in the above pic.

Hmmmm... all those cars except the first one seem to have something in
common, butta Ia can'ta quitea putta my fingera onna itta!

(;-))))))

Arrivederci

Alan