<VV> LM front wheel clearance

richard shank indyvair at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 13:20:42 EDT 2009

Todd - - -I have restored three late model Corvairs and put bigger tires and wheels on each of them.  In every case I had exactly the same problem.  Prior to painting, I trimmed the front bottom edge of the right fender to prevent rubbing while turning corners.  Just roll the lip inward and trim off the excess and drill a new hole for the wheel well trim.  It is usually the bottom one inch or so of the fender where it will hit.    Allow a little extra room as it was especially bad if you hit a bump while turning.  I came to the conclusion that the fender stampings were different on the two sides as I never had a problem on the drivers side.  Good luck,

Dick Shank