<VV> LM front wheel clearance

K. Michael Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 1 13:24:18 EDT 2009

Todd,

From my experience that seems to be normal although there could have been some slight body damage in the past which makes it worse. Wheel offset and tire width can also cause it to be more obvious than stock tires and wheels. You can help the situation by installing an alignment spacer on the rear bolt of the upper A-arm and realigning the front end. This will move the whole wheel back slightly. Aggressive caster settings also make the problem worse. The other place to check for rubbing is the top of the wheel arch with the wheel turned and the suspension compressed. BTDT!

Mike Kost

________________________________
From: "ChiefTAM at aol.com" <ChiefTAM at aol.com>
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 12:04:28 PM
Subject: <VV> LM front wheel clearance

OK oh great minds.  What would cause the passenger side front  wheel/tire to
be closer to the front lip of the fender than the driver's side  wheel/tire on
a vehicle that tracks down the road very straight, doesn't  have any tire
wear issues, and doesn't have any suspension issues?  I put  the 15" tires and
wheels on my 69 convert. in place of the 205/70/13's and I was  looking at
clearance issues to make sure they wouldn't hit the fender, when I  noticed the
passenger side a bit closer to the front lower fender lip than the  drivers side.
(Now looking for Seth's tip on rolling the fender  lips)

Todd in TX