<VV> Intermittent headlights

Ajkolaniak ajkolaniak at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 11:24:37 EDT 2009

  Last night I was driving our 65 500 coupe and the headlights (and presumably the tail lights) suddenly went out.  Pulling the headlight switch in and out, and twisting the knob right and left had no effect.  They finally came back on after just pushing the switch in and leaving it in the off position for maybe 30 seconds or so, and then pulling the switch back out.  Driving back home they blinked or flickered a couple of times but stayed on.  I wanted to make them go off again.

It's your dimmer switch on the floor. Mine had the same problem, as well as most guys I know. It's a generic part at your local parts store. Less than $10.00. Because of how it sits, the connections corrode and loose contact. It's a ten minute repair.

Adam
65 Vert.