<VV> Intermittent headlights

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 15:00:57 EDT 2009

     Very likely true.  Reminds me that I had a similar problem driving home a newly purchased 1965 Corsa decades ago.  I stopped for gas right after I bought it, and tried to put the lights on since it was beginning to approach dusk.  The best I could get was parking lights so I entered the highway under two restrictions.  If I drove FAST enough to get home before full darkness, the cops might notice my speed and pull me over.  "Somehow" my license plate and registration were for a YELLOW 1966 Monza while the car was actually a BLACK 1965 Corsa!!!  But if I drove SLOW enough to blend in with the traffic, it might be completely dark and I would get the cop's attention for not having headlights on.  I managed to drive so I was surrounded by other cars and did make it home without being stopped.
     The problem was solved as soon as I replaced the floor dimmer switch which was very corroded.
Frank "long memory" Burkhard