<VV> FOR Sale

Gramps wizardhal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 17:37:10 EDT 2009

Back around 1950 the "hardtop" concept was hatched in Detroit. It was
originally called a "hardtop convertible" because it actually used the doors
and rear windows from a convertible along with a non-removable hard top that
was styled to resemble a convertible. A few years later, a four door hardtop
was created. The main feature of this was the center pillar was removed
above the door level and only the floor stub supported the rear doors. The
original term "hardtop convertible" soon became referred to an just a
hardtop.