<VV> Help! No brakes!

Jedd Hebrink jhebrink at anvilcom.com
Sun Apr 5 23:26:40 EDT 2009

Thanks to all the helpful members of VV out there.  Many of you may remember
that I have been trying to get my daughter's 66 Monza 110 PG back on the
road after she broke the #3 rod cap a year ago.  After the first engine
rebuild, and about 3 hours of running time, the #5 rod bearing spun.  I have
finally put the engine back together with new rod bearings (even used
plastigage this time!).  All appears (and sounds) well.

After finishing up all the last minute details, I was looking forward to
taking the Corvair out for the first test drive this evening.
Unfortunately, when I put my foot on the brakes, the pedal went all the way
to the floor.  Good thing I had not left my workshop yet.

I have determined two things after a quick check; there is no fluid in the
master cylinder, and there are signs of significant brake fluid leakage at
the right rear wheel.   Before I just tear into this newest problem, I
thought it best to seek advice from the group.  I plan to 1) identify the
source of the leak and repair it, 2) flush the lines with clean fluid, 3)
bleed the system at all four wheels, and 5) top off the master cylinder
reservoir and hope for the best.

Am I missing anything, or do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Jedd

1966 Monza 110 PG