<VV> Help! No brakes!

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 6 09:44:16 EDT 2009

Good. The brake test consists of the traditional "harder, harder, harder". Ya dont drive the car till you do this . Step on the brake pedal.  Then push harder, finally grip the steering wheel and try to push the pedal through the floor.

 If it still holds, you are good for a 6 month period or so. Repeat as often as you feel it is necessary.

 Replace the brake shoes if there is any evidence of fluid on them.
 MIKE KOVACS

________________________________
I have determined two things after a quick check; there is no fluid in the
master cylinder, and there are signs of significant brake fluid leakage at
the right rear wheel.  Before I just tear into this newest problem, I
thought it best to seek advice from the group.  I plan to 1) identify the
source of the leak and repair it, 2) flush the lines with clean fluid, 3)
bleed the system at all four wheels, and 5) top off the master cylinder
reservoir and hope for the best.

Am I missing anything, or do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Jedd

1966 Monza 110 PG