<VV> What about Business Coupes???

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 02:01:59 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/5/09 8:47:38 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
carmerjr at mindspring.com writes:

Hey Boy,  Didn't your Daddy ever tell you about Business coupes ???
.............No  rear seat and plenty of room for sample cases and
boxes...........I know  DeSoto made one as did Dodge and Plymouth but
I can't remember seeing a  Chrysler. There trunks were huge as  well.

Chuckster

I had a '39 Chevy business coupe--had miniature side jump seats--I removed
those and filled in the deck lid, then mounted a mattress where the back
seat/trunk used to be.  Had a swinging time transporting my lady friend and  her
kids all over Arizona on weekends; the teenagers enjoyed that mattress ride  as
they could rise up on their elbows and get a beautiful view of the road
ahead.

As for the coupe vs. 2-door sedan controversy, the '49~51 Fords had  both,
the visible difference from the outside being the shorter side  window on the
coupe.

The '51 Kaiser had this short-window unit; had too many of them at the
factory at the end of the '51 model year, so threw a Continental kit on it and
called it a '52; the diffenence between the coupe and the sedan was that the
coupe had a 1-piece window that only rolled partway down whereas the sedan had a
window that rolled all the way down and a fixe quarter-window behind that.
Easy to remember because I drove '51 Kaiser coupes until I discovered
Corvairs.  (Both types I considered to be the most beautiful cars on the
American road in their time.)

Scotty from Hollyweird