<VV> Help! No brakes!

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 10:24:10 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/5/2009 11:27:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jhebrink at anvilcom.com writes:

I  plan to 1) identify the
source of the leak and repair it, 2) flush the  lines with clean fluid, 3)
bleed the system at all four wheels, and 5) top  off the master cylinder
reservoir and hope for the best.

Am I  missing anything, or do you have any suggestions?
Thanks in  advance,
Jedd

1966 Monza 110 PG

Jedd,

Unless the system has been converted to a dual master cylinder system I
would recommend replacing all four wheel cylinders, all four rubber brake  lines
and the master cylinder unless they have very recently been  replaced.  Pay
particular attention to the twist on the front brake hoses  so that they don't
contact the front wheels or tires in full lock turns.   As you have said,
definitely thoroughly flush the lines with clean brake  fluid.  With a single
reservoir master cylinder you don't have much margin  for safety if something goes
wrong.  With a dual system you will still have  two wheels braking under all
but the most catastrophic situations.  Then do  the "hard, harder" brake test
before you let your daughter (or yoursefl) drive  it.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621488x1201450096/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID