<VV> Update: Help! No Brakes!

Shari Hebrink shamo at anvilcom.com
Mon Apr 6 22:17:50 EDT 2009

Thanks for all the great advice!  As I mentioned in some of my replies to
individuals, I am not going to cut any corners trying to save a buck -
precious cargo and all that with my daughter being the primary driver.

I determined that the brake fluid leak was from the rear passenger wheel
cylinder.  I plan to replace both rear wheel cylinders, replace rear shoes,
rebuild front wheel cylinders (they look good, no signs of any leaks) and
replace the master cylinder.  Have to decide if I will upgrade to the dual
cylinder or just go with the locally available single.  I replaced the front
shoes last year, so they are in good shape.  The brake lines all look good.
No signs of cracking.

I will definitely practice the hard, harder, harder technique, not only on
this car but on all my vehicles.

Thanks again to all!
Jedd
1966 Monza 110 PG