<VV> Cracked brake linings

Sweaney monza17 at cox.net
Wed Apr 8 12:32:53 EDT 2009

I had the same thing happen on both rear secondary linings.  The left rear
was cracked in the center and was a vertical crack.  The right rear was
cracked in different directions but the cracks connected.  They came from a
famous Corvair vendor.

These brake shoes are about 3 years old and have about 4,000 miles on them.
Except for the cracks they look almost new.

I replaced them with O'Riley brake shoes.  I have some misgivings with these
but they are on and they work so I'll leave them.  Mike