<VV> Re FC DOOR LATCH

Rod Murray rmurray at anaheimducks.com
Mon Apr 13 23:21:53 EDT 2009

 Thx for all the suggestions. Did some testing and inspections after work and no solution - yet. At this point I have two fc latch striker assemblies. Both are now out and soaking in simple green overnite. Other than grime buildup, parts and springs look good on both ie they look the same, act the same, springs don't appear to be broken, and both deliver good tension. I'm inclined to think they're ok. So could it be a door alignment issue?  Fyi, I had this problem w original door - for that, combined w rust issue, I replaced it this weekend w another door - still aligning it but seeing the same latch problem.

Thx, rod