<VV> Re FC DOOR LATCH

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Tue Apr 14 00:10:00 EDT 2009

It's been a few years, but I had a similar problem with the passenger's side
latch on my GB.  Walter Hundertmark (now diseased) who owned a bunch of
FC's, pushed the button and rotated the wheel (I'm not sure which direction)
and it worked again.  He told me if it happened again to spray WD40 in all
the nooks and crannies, not so much for lubrication but to clean the
mechanism up and then rotate the wheel with the button in again.  I had to
use the WD40 and rotate the wheel again and have never had a problem since.
The problem I see with Simple Green is it will remove all the lubrication
where the WD40 softened the grease and removed some of the dirt.

Dennis