<VV> Hot vs. Cold plugs...

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Apr 14 01:24:38 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/13/2009 9:25:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rusecular at yahoo.com writes:

Those  ratings - "hot" and "cold" - mean simply this: a plug becomes very
hot in an engine, so we say it's a hot-running plug - or just hot. Another
plug doesn't reach such a high temperature, so we say it's a
cold-running plug - or just cold...

...The main  difference between hot-running and cold-running plugs is the
length  of the insulator nose...

...Fouling due to a too-cold plug is  much better than pre-ignition due
to a too-hot  plug...

Another notable fact. The right ignition system can fire a too-cold  plug
pretty well, covering up a lot of "sins".  As Tony mentions, it  is better to
err on the cold side when choosing plugs.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000002)