<VV> coil resistance wire

Jay Ciampi jciampi at embarqmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:38:11 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,  I am trying to locate the physical location of the 1.8 ohm resistance wire in my 64 Monza coupe. I have been having starting problems and my cranking volts at the coil primary + terminal is only 9 volts. The non cranking volts is about 6 volts.
I am charging my battery right now to bring it up to 12.6 volts.

Maybe I need a new coil?  I have replaced all the distributor parts, spark plugs. I have about 6 KV on the HV wire from the top of the coil to the center of the distributor (cranking).

Jay Ciampi
Florida
CORSA member