<VV> 66 trans on 65 diff leaking

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Apr 16 11:38:31 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/16/2009 6:40:59 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com writes:

A club  member has a 66 4sp trans on a 65 diff - and is having  leakage
problems.  Some of the manuals suggest this is a direct bolt  on - while
(at least one) says there are mods that have to be made to make  it work.
Can anybody clarify the situation for me - is there an issue with  this?
Thanks,
Andy K.

Hi Andy,
An issue? Well, yes.
First is the number of bolts used to attach the trannys to the diffs....4
for the 1965 and 6 for the 1966. Then there is the pinion shaft
adjuster....it  sticks out further on the 1966 as I remember. And of course, the 1966
tranny is  longer than the 1965.
Regards,
Bob Helt
**************Great deals on Dell’s most popular laptops – Starting at