<VV> O2 sensors

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Thu Apr 16 16:56:52 EDT 2009

Daniel,
     Doing a quick Google search shows that the Bosch 15729 is a "universal" type sensor which is listed as fitting hundreds of Ford, Chrysler, even Hyundai (and other) model cars all the way back to the early 1990s.  Even my girlfriend's 1992 Ford Taurus wagon uses this sensor.  So it is NOT a "wide band" type.  Most, if not all, of the 4 wire sensors are NARROW band as used in most of the modern cars.  The widebands I have seen are 5 wire types.  You should use the exact type as specified by the maker of your readout instrument, like Innovate and others.  The readouts units are designed to work with specific sensors so that's what should be used with them.
     Good luck!
     Frank Burkhard