<VV> O2 sensors

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 07:47:00 EDT 2009

Hi Frank,

   Finally, I learnt the lesson. Didn't know how big differences are between narrow and wide band O2 sensors. Been using a narrow band one on my Rampside (last 2 years) just like an aid on tuning, using a voltmeter to read the output milivolts. Every tuning I tried to get it on the 650-750 mV range before taking the Rampy for emissions testing. I use, too, a carb balancing tool, vacuum gauge, timing light, infrared thermometer and my ears. On wide bands, the reading is on current (mA) instead or mV and think they must work in conjunction with the readout instrument.

   Installed the 15729s on the exhausts, using modified and welded 18 mm nuts. Hope these will work as the one on the Rampy. Don´t have a readout instrument for wide bands but, maybe later ($$) shall get a whole kit (as Seth suggested).

   Not read for testing yet, as I´m still working on temp. senders (oils and heads).

   Thanks a lot

Daniel Monasterio (still not too old for learning)