<VV> Distributor cap

mwclarke01 at gmail.com mwclarke01 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 00:17:17 EDT 2009

I recently decided to change out the distributor cap on my '63 Monza as the cap had a small crack forming around the hold down bolt.  I was doing this more for precautionary reasons as the car is running okay.  Anyway, after installing a new cap purchased at the local FLAPS the engine would start, but did not run as smooth as before.  I feel certain that I installed properly as I followed the firing order in the same order as the old one.  Since I plan on driving the car to the local chapter meeting tomorrow night, I put the old cap back on and it's running smooth again.  Any thoughts on what may be causing a problem with the new one? I double checked the part number back to the AutoZone website and it matches up correctly.

Mark Clarke
Corvair Houston
'63 Monza Cvt, 84hp, pg
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T