<VV> Distributor cap

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 00:47:13 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/16/2009 9:34:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mwclarke01 at gmail.com writes:

Seth,

Thanks for the suggestions. The part is a Duralast  (DR998). They did have
to order it from the warehouse. Maybe I did just get a  bad one.  -Mark

Mark -

The best way I have found to tell the quality of a distributor cap is to
weigh it. I know that sounds silly. Weigh the typical aluminum aftermarket
cap  in one hand - and a Standard DR-438X Blue Streak Cap in the other - it
will be  quite obvious - Brass terminals and a Heavy Duty Alkyd Resin cap
material. There  are other caps of high quality, some of them Black, too. (The
Blue Streak  DR-438X is a Blue resin - anathema to stock folks!)

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

**************Join ChristianMingle.com® FREE! Meet Christian Singles in
your area. Start now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221246370x1201421635/aol?redir=http://www.christianmingle.com/campaign.html?cat=adbuy&src=pl
atforma&adid=aolfooter&newurl=reg_path.html)