<VV> Delay wipers

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Fri Apr 17 11:57:12 EDT 2009

I did years ago for one of my cars, using a Chevette unit. Rex Johnson wrote
an article about this for the Communique and I think it showed up in the
Tech Guide. Kind of hard to find Chevette units these days... The main
advantage is fairly-compatible wiring harness plugs and the Chevette unit
was completely separate from the rest of the wiper wiring, so was easy to
transplant. There isn't a series of preset delays but instead continuous
adjustment (rheostat). Downside was the adjustability of the knob--very
narrow band in which it worked so not a wide range of delays available.

--Kent