<VV> Leaking Fuel Pump

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 18 22:10:42 EDT 2009

I know some people use both pumps at the same time though I am not sure why. I like to use the electric pump mounted very near the tank. And yes, both rubber fuel connector hoses need to be in good condition (regardless of what pump you use). On mine, I use the center "dummy" section purchased from Wesley Jewett (he advertises this part in the COMMUNIQUE). This way I can use the stock fuel lines and it also gives the appearance of using the stock pump. Plus it is probably safer in case something comes apart at a high speed (fan belt or ?) I also remove the push rod driven by the crankshaft since there is no need to have this part moving with nothing to pump on.
I hope this is helpful. Good luck!
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado