<VV> Need advice for what to tune up....

Brett Griffin fly2xs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 22:15:46 EDT 2009

Hello all, this is my first post to this list.
I inherited my mothers 1962 Monza 900 Convertible in November.  Yesterday
was the first time it has been driven in a long time.  A number of years ago
the entire drive train (engine to wheel bearings) was rebuilt and there is
only 340 miles on the odometer now.

It took a bit of time but it is now running and sounds good.  I have a
couple issues I am hoping to get some insight on.

1. On deceleration and Idle, the engine will backfire softly. No backfiring
on acceleration or maintaining speed.
2. When the engine is cold it will not idle by itself.
3. Acceleration is rough except on wide open throttle.
4. Gen/Fan light glows during idle and is very very faint while driving on
the highway.

I have replaced the battery as it only had .33 volts. I will need to put in
a battery switch temp, until I can find the electrical drain with all fuses
removed.

Any insight would be greatly helpful.  I am in the Seattle Area and hope to
see those in the area at future meet ups!

Brett Griffin