<VV> Hydrogen, was: Cold fusion news-no Corvair but potential sourceof p...

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 04:22:15 EDT 2009

Mark,

The original energy source (electrical) we were talking about  would be
from a fusion electric generation plant.  Remember the original  subject?  Look
above and check the subject of this posting and others  including two of
yours.  If it is ever perfected, (a big if) it would be a  huge source of
cheap energy.  Atomic energy whether fission or possibly  fusion if it is
perfected as a controlled energy source would be the only  feasible energy source
to make significant quantities of hydrogen.  Solar  and wind would probably
be insufficient.  The hydrogen would be produced  from water and could be
used (and has been used) as a direct fuel in internal  combustion powered
vehicles or as the energy source in a fuel cell for electric  vehicles.  In any
case, it is not likely that we will see new atomic plants  of any kind in
the USA for decades.

We do agree that it probably is not a miracle cure, at least  not until
fuel cells become more efficient and/or less expensive.  There  are other
issues with the use of hydrogen as a replacement for fossil fuels but  I do not
intend to write a technical paper here.

My question as to whether it could be used in our Corvairs was  whimsical
and not a real question.  However, other vehicles have been  modified for
this power source and we have a bunch of tinkerers in the Corvair  community,
so why not?

Doc
In a message dated 4/19/2009 3:04:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,