<VV> points

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Sat Apr 25 16:12:06 EDT 2009

Just because you put in new points, never assume they can't be a problem source.

At a club meeting one night, one of our members had a problem with his car at high RPMs. At high RPMs it would start to break up like a fuel or ignition problem.

At first the points were disregarded as a problem source because they were new Delco points, with new rotor, etc., etc., plus Jim was the local Chevy dealer Parts Manager and he always used the best parts he could.

Well, it did turn out to be the points as the new Delco points had failed.

I think the best advice is to simply assume nothing and check EVERYTHING no matter how old or how new the part is.

Roy - Bayshore