<VV> Generator/electrical/Corvair

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 18:53:05 EDT 2009

Copied from Starautoelectric.com

Instruction on how to polarize a  Generator:

In all the years I have been in business, I have heard  many versions on
how to polarize a generator and voltage regulator.  Some versions are correct,
others are totally wrong.
Polarization is a  procedure which matches the polarity for the generator
and the  voltage regulator. The majority of the vehicles are manufactured
negative ground although some of the older vehicles were  manufactured
positive ground. The generator has to be set up for  either polarity. The generator
will charge either way, however the  voltage regulator has only one
polarity. Whenever the battery is  disconnected from the vehicle for any reason the
polarization  procedure should be performed.

With this in mind  I recheck the GM  Manual  page  8??   GGG

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!
Visit my Webpages!  tinyurl.com/The-Patio
somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay.  OR.

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!