<VV> The EM vs LM thing

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Apr 29 12:18:49 EDT 2009

Happily, most people take the early model vs late model debate in a
light-hearted sense.  They realize that we are all in this hobby
together, and that the barbs about which is better are mostly offered
with a good-natured wink.

There are, of course, a few people for whom the preference is not a
casual thing, it is practically a religion.  My god is better than your
god.  They have lost some perspective.

What binds us together is, neither model is better than the other.  They
are different, and each offers its distinguishing features.  But they
are each a Corvair, collectively different from any other American car
before or since.

But recently, I have been thinking:  Most people indulge their
preference by owning their preference.  If you prefer early models, you
own early models.  Lates, lates.  Pretty obvious.  But there are quite a
few of us who are Corvair enthusiasts more than we are early or late
enthusiasts, and so we own both.  Are you one of these?

If I walk out to my barn I'll find a 1964 coupe, a 1966 coupe, and a
1964 Greenbrier. I think I have the bases covered.  But I am not the
only one.  So tell me, what do you own?

Early model only
Late model only
FC only
Early and late
Early and FC
Late and FC
Early, late and FC

A sidebar would be, what do not not own that you wish you did?

For the benefit of our friends on the digest, please snip your replies.

--Bob