<VV> Paint for Models

James P. Rice ricebugg at mtco.com
Wed Apr 29 12:52:25 EDT 2009

Bill at all:  May I suggest you go to a hobby shop or someplace which sells
small cans of paint for models.  Don't know if you have a Hobby Lobby around
you, but where I live, they are the only place selling kits and supplies
like paint for models.

Or go to www.squadron.com and order from them.

And remember to wash the model before you paint it.  Like a real car, right
process and right materials usually produce good results on models.

Krylon may be "industrial strength" paint for lawn furniture plastics and
the like.

Also, Joe Darinsig is the only expert on models I know.  I don't have his
e-mail address, but someone else could forward him something and request, if
he has one easily available, a list of plastic Corvair 1/25 scale models.
What I know is AMT did a series of EM coupes, convertibles and sedans and
all coupes of LM's, which after 1965 generally came with parts to make Fitch
Sprints and Stingers, plus some wonderfully weird custom parts.

Like real Corvairs, models are worth only what you can get for them at the
time you want to sell them.  Probably wide variations in time and space.
Take what you can get, give what you can live with.

Historically yours
			James Rice

Message: 7