<VV> Brakes pulling right and no light

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Aug 2 12:29:25 EDT 2009

Before you tear into them again, I would ask a couple of things:

  - Have you bedded the new shoes?  That's 10 hard stops.
  - Have you either manually or used the auto-adjusters to adjust the
brakes?

I've mentioned before that I found drum brakes need to be closer than
I initially thought.  I had many problems with brakes pulling until I
figured this out.  You are correct that one brake will pull the car to
the side, keep in mind that one brake grabbing before the other will
do the same thing.

Since you did a dual master conversion, I can't recall if you adjusted
the m/c pushrod.  That's the tuning fork piece that attaches to the
pedal arm and goes into the rubber boot.  The switch is the plastic
part with the plunger.  It uses two nuts on the plastic body to adjust.

--Bryan