<VV> Overtemp buzzer

David B. Neale david.neale3 at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 2 18:05:43 EDT 2009

I recall, many years ago, a craze whereby we clipped a piece of
cardboard or thin plywood to the frame of our pedal cycles such that one
end of the card/plywood impinged against the spokes of the wheel.  This
of course made a most satisfying, speed-related buzzing noise once on
the move.

Could not a similar system be installed using the Corvair's fan-blades?
It would certainly impress passengers, and if the buzzing ceased would
provide a timely warning of fan-belt loss.

I am only trying to help.  Anyway, 'tips' like these could earn one as
much as £1 if published in early 1960s British motoring magazines.

David
'65 Monza 140 HP convertible