<VV> Key Buzzer vs. Turbo buzzer

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 2 17:24:23 EDT 2009

"You're looking at the wrong item on the schematic. The Corvair key buzzer
is under the dash above the dimmer switch. The headlight relay is in the
trunk. -Mark"

I was looking at the drawing, on the first page of Secton 12, "Body and Chassis Electrical", in both the '68 & '69 manual, which shows the horn relay with the key buzzer.

The schematics do show a separate key buzzer next to the wiper switch.

I assume you are correct as the parts book shows 1386278 as "Buzzer, ignition switch warning" for 68-69. The same buzzer is listed for the 67-69 speed indicator buzzer.

My copy of the parts manual shows "Buzzer assm, oil temperature warning" as the title of section 1.800A but there is no number listed.

I think you meant to write "the horn relay is in the trunk".

My wife asked what I was writing about and I said "Corvair Trivia"!

Ed