<VV> The Eagles Nest

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Aug 2 17:11:34 EDT 2009

As Spence said, it rained...and rained ...and...etc.
I made the decision this morning the weather was not going to get any better so, We loaded up and went home. Got here about 1:00 PM.
On the trip down it rained all the way and on the trip home it rained until we got about 20 miles from home. My poor race car has never seen that much water!
The sun has been out here since we arrived and tomorrow is supposed to be sunny.

The weather Saturday for the first day of the climb was great and the rains held off untill after five just as the weatherman said they would. We managed to attend the host club's cook out ( we were there first) and did ourselves proud of the burgers, franks, potato salad and all the rest of the goodies plus, the cold adult beverages!
Words cannot describe the beauty of the area nor can photos show it or how steep the hills really are. Janet took photos so I'll try to have them online tomorrow.
It was great as usual spending time with all the folks of our extended Corvair family..

Again, my car just ran and ran. No problems at all. I just know it's going to have the big one any time! In the meantime I'll enjoy my good fortune.

I'll wait until tomorrow to sort out all the water logged items...including myself.

Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com