<VV> Brakes pulling right and no lights

Stephen Upham CONTACTSMU at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Aug 3 02:00:01 EDT 2009

I just had time to go back to the garage to revisit the problem about
the brake lights.  The turn signals on the FRONT WORK, but not the
back.  The parking lights on all four corners work.  The turn signal
lights on the back and, of course, the brake lights do not work.
Now, since I'm rarely behind the car when I apply the brakes, tell me
this.  Which of the lenses on the back light up when the brakes are
applied; the inner lenses on the red part around the white backup
lens, the outer lenses or both? And which lenses light up on the turn
signal: outer or inner?  The reason that I mention this is that when
I was installing the new engine harness, I accidentally pulled out
the wire on the left hand inner light socket.  I thought that I had
reattached it properly, but it was difficult because of the space in
the socket in which to work.  If it never was connected properly
(which means that I have been driving for the last month without
brake or rear turn lights) or if it just recently came loose, would
that cause the gremlins that have popped up?

Stephen