<VV> Brakes pulling right and no lights

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 3 14:48:04 EDT 2009

Was the car recently repainted?  If so, it is possibly likely that you have
grounding problem at the rear.  There being a "partial ground", enough for
the tail lights to work, but not enough for the brake lights/turn signals.
The running lights, turn signals, and brake lights are all in the outboard
lenses.  Only the BU lights are in the inboard lenses.  Well - that would be
the stock setup.

If you don't have a helper, back up near a wall at night and step on the
brakes or use the turn signals.  You will see the reflection of the lights
off of the wall.

You can unplug the socket (with the bulb in it) from the engine side of the
tail light housing.  It is merely attached with several spring-like clips.
That should give you plenty of room to check if the questionable wire is
properly attached.  Also, you can clean any excess off of the hole in order
to improve the ground to the body.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110