<VV> Heads too hot

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 09:35:36 EDT 2009

 1. Check your gauge. Given how low your oil temp is, I find it hard to believe the CHT is actually that high. Check the connections, make sure you're getting 12 or more volts at the gage, make sure there's no bad grounds, etc.
2. Check for pinging. If it's not, you're also probably not running that hot.

Which engine are you using?

Basically, sounds like the engine's fine, the gauge is suspect.

John Roberts