<VV> Heads too hot 2

tony.underwood at cox.net tony.underwood at cox.net
Tue Aug 4 10:32:46 EDT 2009

Tony

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:34 AM , arendh wrote:

> Hi, i forgot to mention that i did check the gauges for accuracy and
> they
> both read remarkably well, so that is not an issue.

Shall we all assume that the heads were thoroughly deflashed?

Those temps are not THAT far into any danger zones, although they do
seem a tad bit high.   I'd expect temps to be around 350 or thereabouts,
tops, unless you were running it hard.    How sure are you about the
head temp gauge and its accuracy?    And what did you use to compare it
with?

How does the car run when hot?    Does it ping?    And is it hard to
restart if you shut it off when hot and immediately try to restart?

An overheated Corvair engine WILL ping and it will NOT be easy to start
while that hot.

...just reaching for an answer here...

tony..