<VV> Hot Heads - Problem solved!!

arendh arendhuismus at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 6 12:51:51 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Thanks for all the info on the 500F Heads.
First we checked everything again; timing, carbs and so on. Then We took the
car for a drive, heated the heads up to nearly 500F and rechecked the heads
at different points with a laser beam thermometer and all is fine. Readings
were between 300 and 400 degrees. 400 was on the sender.
I took the car for a two hour drive and it ran great! Oil is steady on 200F,
heads were steady on 490F, so in real life that's somewhere around 390F.
Weather is hot for the Netherlands, about 90F.
Thanks for so much knowledge and experience! Most of you were right from the
start...

Arend Huisman
Netherlands, '64 vert

database 4311 (20090806) __________