<VV> Hot Heads - Problem solved!!

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 13:01:57 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/6/09 9:52:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
arendhuismus at xs4all.nl writes:

Hi  all,

Thanks for all the info on the 500F Heads.
First we checked  everything again; timing, carbs and so on. Then We took
the
car for a  drive, heated the heads up to nearly 500F and rechecked the heads
at  different points with a laser beam thermometer and all is fine.
Readings
were between 300 and 400 degrees. 400 was on the sender.
I took  the car for a two hour drive and it ran great! Oil is steady on
200F,
heads  were steady on 490F, so in real life that's somewhere around 390F.
Weather  is hot for the Netherlands, about 90F.
Thanks for so much knowledge and  experience! Most of you were right from
the
start...

Arend  Huisman
Netherlands, '64 vert

I'm just glad you found out what was happening and that there was nothing
potentially damaging to the engine.

Scotty from Hollyweird
steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)