<VV> FWD (was supersize wheels), hardly any Corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 18:28:33 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/7/2009 12:35:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ronh at owt.com
 writes:

"Can't  get up that slippery hill?  Turn around and go up backwards.  Works

great!"

I'd be reluctant to try that on some of the mountain ranges  around here!
An additional observation is that most of the vehicles in the  ditch, on
their sides or upside down are FWD SUV's and has been commented  on by the
state patrol.
RonH

my Brother - who actually owned a Corvair at one time - Had an all-wheel
drive Audi in New Hampshire. He told me that, at the early snowfalls, the
first  cars into the ditches and snowbanks are the 4WDs, cars and trucks. Their
 drivers forget that the four wheel power gives added traction to
accelerate, but only the same four wheel brakes as  the slower 2-wheel  drivers to
stop. Oops!

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette