<VV> Corvairs in Snow

Ebarr19 at aol.com Ebarr19 at aol.com
Sat Aug 8 09:11:52 EDT 2009

The storm of " 67 " I worked for Caterpillar Tractor and the union workers
got off at 3:30 pm and when I got off a 4:00pm the cars were lined up from
the traffic light at the main road clear back into the parking lots, no cars
could move as the snow had blown into the engine compartments on some cars
and while waiting at the lights the snow melted and stalled the cars.I had a
corvair 95 van at the time that I used as a daily driver and also used when
installing TV antenna's on weekends. I noticed that the back gate to the
plant was open so I drove my corvair out the back gate and home to change
clothes and went to work at my part-time job at a service station, got there by
the starting time 5:00pm. Some cars were still in the parking lots at 8:pm.
Yes I worked 3 jobs at that time, needed to save money for a downpayment for
a house. That van was great in snow but you needed to be tenative on glare
ice when it was windy.
 Gene.