<VV> Automatic Transmission Oil Leaks

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 12 17:40:48 EDT 2009

Generally speaking, the leak at the shift cable exhibits itself only after
the car has sat idle for some time - say a week or more.  This happens
because the torque converter drains into the tranny and fills it to the
top - where the cable attaches.  This could be a bad O ring, but is just as
likely (maybe more so) a damaged housing on the cable which allows the fluid
to leak out.  Check that housing and if it is split/leaking, it can be
repaired without the need to remove it from the car.

You are saying "oil", but I'm assuming that you mean ATF.

Later, JR