<VV> Automatic Transmission Oil Leaks

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Aug 12 19:39:37 EDT 2009

We (Trevor and I) did a pan for a club member last year.  In this
case, the pan being bent was easy to see - the pan had clearly hit
something like a big rock.  Still, you should be able to see if the
rails are bent by holding a straightedge along the side of the trans.
In most cases I'll say that if you remotely suspect the pan, it's
bent.  It's not a terribly hard job - we took a pretty easy pace, and
bear in mind I was pointing out things to him (Trevor is 15, he once
was 9 :-) and our friend, plus the usual car BS and a break for lunch
we did that and gave it a tune up in less than four hours.

--Bryan