<VV> Engine problem -- Help??

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Aug 15 19:47:51 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/15/2009 3:49:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jhouston001 at cfl.rr.com writes:

Hmm, I  just had a thought - maybe I should change the condenser.  I seem
to  remember when I was racing my Mini in England that a faulty condenser
caused something quite similar to occur... Yes??  or no???

Jim  Houston

Jim - I am not a "quality control" engineer, but I read once the  chance of
a condenser "going" bad was a lot less than getting a brand-new bad  one!
Feel free to try a couple, though. That and the coil are easy enough swaps.
When it is hot and cranks but won't start, are you getting a good spark out
of  the coil to ground?

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette