<VV> Driving (was: Silver Late Model Corvair convert at the Woodward Cruise)

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Aug 16 16:18:24 EDT 2009

shortle wrote:
> I agree Pete, we should drive our Corvairs. I'll be going up next weekend to Denver for the annual Dale Wilshire/Rocky Mountain Corsa picnic in Sedalia in my '63 Rampside I have owned since 1980.

On Friday night, Sue and I took our 1963 Rampside that we have owned
since, umm, 2009, to a Cruise Night at a local speedway, a cruise night
that included actual cruising around the track.  Track is a paved oval,
banked 30 degrees in the corners!  (Daytona is 31.)  We were the only
Corvair out of well over 100 cars.

> Just under 600 miles roundtrip.
Just under 200 miles round trip.  Ya got us beat!

> Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado

Bob Marlow in Annandale New Jersey