<VV> bogging down, sputtering--more follow-up

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 17:54:55 EDT 2009

I took the 66, 110, PG vert. for a 50 mile drive.  After it got very warm(95 today) the car would sputter when taking off from a dead stop at about 25 mph with 3/4 of throttle.  Once it got in high gear, it seemed to be OK.  It would accelerate on up to 70 without much hesitation.  I think my next move would be to install some new plugs and make sure they are gapped correctly.  Oh, BTW, the ignition timing is 12 degrees BTDC.  Also, I did not notice the sputtering until the car got to operating temperature.  Ernie in Louisville