<VV> follow-up on bogging down, sputtering

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 17 22:48:35 EDT 2009

And out of curiosity, just what are we calling a "high output coil"
what are the specs?  both voltage AND amperage?  or is it just HO
because the manufacturer says so, or it has a pretty colored case?

Some stock turbos could probably use a better coil, depending on how
they are driven ...  otherwise I agree that it's an "urban myth that
your stock (or near stock) Corvair engine will run better with a high
output coil."  More snake oil greasing the skids from your pocket to
someone else's.

Bill Strickland