<VV> Interesting article on Corvair books, etc.

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Wed Aug 19 09:49:37 EDT 2009

On Aug 19, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Steven J. Serenska wrote:

>> Perry Moore's book is #3 on that list?  You've got to be kidding me.
>>
>> And the Corvair Basic's Manual is totally absent?  You've got to be
>> kidding me.
>>
> Exactly.
>
> The fact that the Basics Manual is missing leads me to believe he
> isn't
> even a CORSA member.  All those books can be purchased straight out of
> the vendor catalogs (including the Tech Guide).
>
> In fact, I'd bet a shiny new carb stone that he isn't a CORSA member.
> If he is, then he was certainly derelict in not mentioning CORSA in
> his
> advertisem..., um, I mean "article".

*SNIP*

I had wondered that too, so I checked the CORSA member database. It
lists:

Perry Moore, 2404 Button, Santa Rosa, CA. His membership expires
April, 2010.

I can't tell if this is the same guy, but it appears to be.

Also, Googleing - Perry Moore Corvair - returns several hits, among
them this one:

http://www.examiner.com/x-20802-SF-Corvair-Examiner

This contains his bio:

"Perry is a rather prolific writer who authored an automotive book on
his favorite classic car, the Chevrolet Corvair made from 1960-69. It
remains America's only rear engine aircooled car modeled after the
Porshe. Perry's first interest in the car was as a boy in the mid-60s
when his parents brought one home. Since then, he has owned, repaired,
bought them online. Corvair is unique in automotive history and over
1.5 million were made. The history of the car is interesting and
owning one is even more so but requires special knowledge when working
on them and Perry can help with many of the restoration issues many
newbies have. Like any classic car, it pays to "do it" yourself."

He is listed as a/the SF Corvair examiner on a web site called
examiner.com.

Doesn't anybody know this guy?

Seth, I thought you knew everyone out there, don't you?

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Treasurer & Membership Chairman
CORSA South Carolina